Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mega-Impatience.

Did y'all know about this? My usually razor-sharp Jay Reatard radar must be severely fucked up, because I don't know how this one slipped by me.

"After months of public speculation, late night phone calls and a fascinating thread on a bulletin board other than our own, we’re pleased to announce Matador will be releasing six limited edition singles in 2008 by the wildly prolific Jay Reatard.

Manufactured quantities of each single will diminish with each successive release. We’ve not figured out the exact scheme yet, but given our commitment to the customer-always-being-angry, rest assured the numbers will be lower than you’d like.

For those not nearly hung up on the collector skum scenery, all 6 7″’s will be compiled for a subsequent CD and LP release."

Now that I think about it, I do remember one-time WMUA blog comrade Bryan telling me about this when I ran into him on the bus one night, but to be honest, I thought he was fucking with me. Jay Reatard, on Matador? Whatever, dude. At any rate, it's actually upon us soon. Between this, last year's way-hot Love of Diagrams record & that new Times New Viking album, Matador actually knows what's up consistently for the first time since like 1997. How worried should I be that I'm going to have to battle it out with a bunch of Cat Power/Belle & Sebastian-listening assholes to get my hands on these singles?

No comments: