Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lou vs. Jay.

Seeing as this is Western Mass, all of you obnoxious hippies out there probably have your own plans for April 20th, or the big 4-20, but fear not, because the rest of us have two options for something far less lame & probably far less saturated with patchouli.


First, there's Jay Reatard at Harper's Ferry in Boston (or Allston, whatever), with Cheap Time. Maybe you'll even get the chance to hook up with a Cat Power/Belle & Sebastian-listening asshole, or get one of those soon-to-be-Ebay-bait Jay Reatard singles, whichever you prefer.





It's no secret that the WMUA blog loves Jay Reatard, but if your devotion doesn't extend to making the trip to Boston for a set that will at most clock in at twenty minutes, or if you happen to have fifty dollars that you can't possibly figure out how to spend, might I suggest seeing Mister Lou Reed in Northampton at the Calvin Theater that night? I'll be the first one to admit that I haven't exactly kept up with Lou Reed's output from, oh, the past twenty-five years or so, but I'd say it's almost worth it to go see him just because I'm kind of amazed that he's still alive at this point. I know I can't be alone on this, right?

No comments: