Friday, December 21, 2007

Dude, You're No Wizard.

Langford, who has been Expressway To Yr Skull's apprentice for the past couple of weeks, made a disparaging comment about Mika Miko on our show this week as I was pointing out the greatness of Silver Daggers' (a Mika Miko offshoot) New High & Ord album from this year. Even though I already called him out on it on-air, I feel the need to further address this in a public forum: Langford, you're a nice dude & you might be able to pronounce "Einsturzende Neubauten" better than I can, but you're totally wrong on this one, pal. Mika Miko rules. Better luck next time. On that note, I dedicate this, complete with ridiculous stop-motion vomiting, to you!

Mika Miko - "Business Cats"

4 comments:

Langford said...

Hey Erika, you know what the difference between Mika Miko live and a Mika Miko recording is? On a recording, the drummer keeps time and the instruments are some kind of in tune.

erika elizabeth said...

Truth be told, I only really brought this up again because I was looking for an excuse to post that video, because I think it's neat. Sorry that you had to be my metaphorical whipping boy.

Benjamin Sisto said...

This band is fantastic. Their show in Boston at O'Brien's a few months back was very memorable. Being in tune is 4 norms! Up el punx!

erika elizabeth said...

I was at that show. Unlike Mister Grumpy Gus up there, I had fun. They've actually gotten way more in tune since the time I booked a show for them like three years ago.