Sunday, July 29, 2007

Do You Think All Those Big Black And Little Silver Shinny Discs Are Here For Decoration??

So it happens again. If I had a nickel for every time I heard "Yeah I'm getting tired of playing the same bands, but I don't know anything about a lot of the stuff in the library" or "but I don't have time to listen to all this stuff", Graduate school would be paid off and my migration to New Zealand would be finalized 'cause I'd have mad cash.

So with out further adieu to turn you on to something new- here's Bryan G's If you like this, you'll probably like this fun list. Most, if not all, of these artists are in the WMUA library.

If You Like: Wilco
You Will Probably Like: Souled American, Giant Sand, The Waco Brothers, Centro-matic
If You Like: The Pixies
You Will Probably Like: MOTO, Eleventh Dream Day, Antietam, The Clean
If You Like: They Might Be Giants
You Will Probably Like: Tall Dwarfs, Gerty Farish, Eggs, Dairy Queen Empire
If You Like: Interpol
You Will Probably Like: The Chameleons UK, Springhouse, For Against, Tone
If You Like: The White Stripes
You Will Probably Like: The King Kahn & BBQ Show, Jay Retard, Thee Headcoats\Headcotees, The Mummies
If You Like: Bright Eyes
You Will Probably Like: Barbara Manning, Pink Reason, The Naysayer, Simon Joyner
If You Like: The Beatles
You Will Probably Like: The Green Pajamas, Dispomaniacs, Abunai!, The Lucky Bishops
If You Like: Black Sabbath
You Will Probably Like: Major Stars, The Bevis Frond, High Rise, Boris

Face it-your not going learn about music unless you listen to it. And you don't have to be a complete geek like some of us who have records spinnin' 24-7. Take 15 minutes and grab some things you never heard of and listen to them. Thank me later by giving me the records you don't want.

2 comments:

erika elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erika elizabeth said...

If you like: music that isn't shit.
You will probably like (if you know what's good for you): Jay Reatard.

Also, I'd like to chime in in say that all Black Sabbath worshippers should check out Akimbo, who just put out a new album on Alternative Tentacles that I'll probably be gushing about in a couple of days when I finally give it a listen. I heard them cover "Sweet Leaf" live once & my head almost exploded.

PS. Bryan knows his shit.